Cut Bank Elks Lodge
18 S. Central Ave. Cut Bank MT (406) 873-4571
RPA NW Division / AAWA / AORTA Regional Membership Meeting
- Rail Passengers Association (RPA) NW Division (AK – ID – MT – OR – WA)
- All Aboard Washington
- Association of Oregon Rail and Transit Advocates
Time and Location
Saturday May 18, 2019 – 11:30am to 5pm (MT)
18 S. Central Ave.
Cut Bank, MT
Featured Speakers and Others Invited
- U. S. Congressman, Greg Gianforte (R-MT-At Large)
- Ms. Alison Vergeront, MT Field Rep. for U. S. Senator Steve Daines (R-MT)
- MT State Representative, Mr. Jacob Bachmeier (D) – HD 28 – Havre, MT
- Mr. Jim Mathews, RPA President & CEO – Washington, DC
- Mr. Ric Beals, President – Cut Bank Chamber of Commerce
- Mr. James Pino, Supt. Operations – BNSF Railway/Montana Div. – Whitefish, MT
- Amtrak Representatives – Invited
- U. S. Senator Jon Tester – Invited
- MT Governor Steve Bullock - Invited
- Importance of Amtrak’s Intercity Network Trains to Rural America
- Empire Builder 90th Anniversary (June 2019)
- 2020 Reauthorization of the FAST Act Surface Transportation Bill which includes the American passenger rail system
- Speakers’ presentations along with audience discussion
- State rail advocacy activities report from NW Division, if time permits
- Stretch breaks to allow time for informal interaction
Meeting Time – Registration and social time begins at 11:30am. Buffet luncheon starts at 12 noon. Program to follow to conclude by 5pm. The meeting is planned between the arrival of the eastbound Empire Builder at Cut Bank (10:40am) and the departure of the westbound Empire Builder from Cut Bank (5:51pm).
Registration Fee - $50 per person (postmarked or submitted online by April 27). The registration fee includes luncheon buffet to cover everyone’s tastes, afternoon snacks, beverages and most other meeting related expenses. All registrations postmarked after April 27, along with paying at the door, please add a $10 surcharge to the above fee for a total amount of $60.
Transportation – Transportation will be provided the day of the meeting between the Cut Bank Amtrak station, lodging, the meeting site and throughout Cut Bank as demand warrants.
Lodging – Lodging is available at the Super 8 Cut Bank [609 W. Main St., (406)-873- 8325] or at https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/super-8. Additional lodging is available in Shelby, 24 miles east of Cut Bank. If you are arriving by train and spending the night in the area, please call (817)-480-5385 to arrange for local transportation.
Thank you for your support of our efforts.
Plesase add a note specifying that your donation is for the RPA NW Division Meeting.
Register by Mail
Please print and complete the form linked here. Mail it with your check or money order to:
All Aboard Washington (AAWA)
P. O. Box 70381
Seattle, WA 98127
All Aboard Washington is a 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt organization.
- Barry E. Green: (406)-377-8056 (Home) or [email protected]
For questions pertaining to program.
- Mark Meyer: (817)-480-5385 (Cell) or [email protected]
For questions pertaining to Cut Bank along with lodging in Cut Bank or Shelby.
Additional details at Facebook page